AP Capstone Research Tue@4:40 PM EST
with Mark Kover, M.S.
AP Capstone is an innovative diploma program from College Board that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges. AP Capstone is built on the foundation of two AP courses—AP Seminar and AP Research—and is designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study experienced in other AP courses.
In AP Seminar, students investigate real-world issues from multiple perspectives, gathering and analyzing information from various sources in order to develop credible and valid evidence-based arguments. AP Seminar is a prerequisite for AP Research. Completing AP Seminar and all its required assessment components is necessary for students to develop the skills to be successful in AP Research. In AP Research, students cultivate the skills and discipline necessary to conduct independent research and inquiry in order to produce and defend their scholarly work.
The AP Capstone program aims to empower students by:
1) engaging them with rigorous college-level curricula focused on the skills necessary for successful college completion;
2) extending their abilities to synthesize information from multiple perspectives and apply skills in new situations and cross-curricular contexts;
3) enabling them to collect and analyze information with accuracy and precision;
4) cultivating their abilities to craft, communicate, and defend evidence-based arguments; and
5) providing opportunities for them to practice discipline.
In 2022-2023 students will choose from two tracks:
- Mark A. Kover, M.S. (STEM Topics)
- SocSci Instructor, M.A./PhD (Social Science topics)
Aug 23rd, 2022 - Apr 30th, 2023
Tue for 30 weeks from 4:30 pm